Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80

Thread: auction alert North Carolina

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    auction alert North Carolina


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    auction alert North Carolina

    With my current health issues I can't go get these...and the seller absolutely will not ship or even skid them for pickup...

    I want these so bad...

    Anyway, should be 4 x 3154 in the boxes, most likely 299's on top.

    One of the VIR is broken?

    GovDeals.com: Speakers

    There appears actually to be 3 of each, maybe 6 of the 3154's
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: auction alert North Carolina

    Darn! In a month I'd be able to go get them. Don't think I can talk any of my NC crew into driving down to get them. =(
    I could store them in my garage for you, but truck rental and gas just to go get them would be >$200

    Too bad...

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: auction alert North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Anyway, should be 4 x 3154 in the boxes, most likely 299's on top.
    I see 3 horns and 2 cabinets...... what are these cabinets? Does each cabinet have 2 woofers? The rigging looks like what I had on my 9864A Engine.

    I can't stand it when stuff like this is so far away :-(

    I've never heard of this auction site, until now.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: auction alert North Carolina

    Talk to a therapist who is an Altec nut.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    auction alert North Carolina


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: auction alert North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    I see 3 horns and 2 cabinets...... what are these cabinets? Does each cabinet have 2 woofers? The rigging looks like what I had on my 9864A Engine.

    I can't stand it when stuff like this is so far away :-(

    I had never heard of this auction site.
    GovDeals does county and local governments. GovLiquidation does Federal.

    http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...ro/1993-32.JPG


    http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...ro/1993-24.JPG

    Gotta admit, with that set, if you ain't top dog among your friends, you are at least in the running

    How about those for left,right,center, and a pair of 604's for rears?
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: auction alert North Carolina

    Bid on them OG!

    There are reasonable ways to get them to you, you have a PM.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: auction alert North Carolina

    I don't think they look tall enough to be A700-XLF's, which are supposed to be 43.25" high. In looking at the dimensions of the VIT horns, Altec lists them as being 41.5", yet they are quite a bit taller than the cabinets pictured. Granted, I'm not sure how Altec was measuring the horns..... they list about a 60" depth, so maybe they got the measurements turned around since they're such a crazy shape.

    To me the cabinets look like the 816VI

    http://lansingheritage.org/images/al...ro/1993-40.JPG

    Darn it, now I want them too....see what you did!
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: auction alert North Carolina

    Upon a close look, i must agree with ABGW.

    The flybars seem to be right where the catalog pic shows the mounting points, and the dimensions/aspect ratio, particularly the depth seems about right.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: auction alert North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    Upon a close look, i must agree with ABGW.

    The flybars seem to be right where the catalog pic shows the mounting points, and the dimensions/aspect ratio, particularly the depth seems about right.
    It really helps having a 9864A in my living room to use as reference
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member analog addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2007
    Posts
    521
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: auction alert North Carolina

    Got a call from my transporter. Everything's in his truck, and he's heading back to Raleigh. Only damage he could see was something minor on one of the driver hookups. Came with all the gear to fly them too. Needless to say, I'm excited!...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Analog Addict - Jack of all Trades, Master of None
    Searching for Sonic Nirvana...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.